TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document sets out the terms and conditions between India FinTech Forum and you when you purchase a ticket or register for any event or conference organised by India FinTech Forum or participate in any survey of India FinTech Forum. By purchasing a ticket or registering for an event or conference organised by India FinTech Forum or participating in a survey you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions.
India FinTech Forum (also referred as “We” or “US” in this Agreement) reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
India FinTech Awards is being organised by India FinTech Forum.
DECLARATION OF CONSENT
I hereby give my consent to India FinTech Forum (and its associates/ related entities) to collect, process and use my personal data for the purposes of processing the purchase of my ticket and for any other use to which I have consented. India FinTech Forum may share your name, address, e-mail address or demographic information with a third party.
I hereby give my consent for the mandatory and voluntary data collected from me in the course of purchasing tickets and/or registering for India FinTech Awards.
I acknowledge that India FinTech Forum will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from any event or conference. I acknowledge that India FinTech Forum will consider but not guarantee exhibiting startups’ requests for session changes at any event.
By agreeing to act as a volunteer at an event, I acknowledge that:
- I will receive no compensation for travel, accommodation etc.
- There is no guarantee that I will be selected to be a volunteer at the event.
- If I violate any event rule or fail to show up for an assigned shift, my accreditation can be removed and I will be denied access to the event.
- I attest to the truth of all statements made in my application.
- The use of alcohol and/or controlled substances before or while on duty is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy will result in immediate dismissal, removal of accreditation and removal from the event grounds.
- In the course of the event I may be dealing with confidential information and I agree to keep such information in the strictest of confidence.
- I have read and fully understood these terms and conditions.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- All purchases of tickets for conferences and events shall be governed by the rules specific to that event.
- It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation or attendee to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to India FinTech Awards or its affiliates without the express prior permission and co-operation of India FinTech Forum. In the event of breach of these terms any tickets purchased will be rendered null and void. India FinTech Forum reserves their right to take such legal action including a claim for damages as may be appropriate.
- The tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be re-sold or transferred without our written permission (please email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Where there has been any re-sale or attempted re-sale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term without permission), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
- We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout.
- India FinTech Forum reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behaviour, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
- India FinTech Forum will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused.
- If you have been selected to volunteer at the event but have already bought a ticket, the event specific cancellation and refund rules shall apply.
- Complaints can be made to email@example.com. We will endeavor to resolve any customer complaints where reasonable.
EVENT CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT AND SUBSTITUTION POLICY
- India FinTech Forum is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. We shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency.
- Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, India FinTech Forum reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
- Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser.
- A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event. No printed hard-copy or printed receipt shall be provided.
- India FinTech Forum shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
- No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
- If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
- When you attend any events organised by India FinTech Forum, we reserve the right to disclose your name, company and designation on our website, printed materials or mobile app (own or provided by a third party). However, we shall not disclose your email address or mobile number publicly.
- Admittance. Your registration entitles you only to admittance to the Event. All other costs associated with your attendance (e.g., travel and accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you, and India FinTech Forum shall have no liability for such costs.
- Use of Likeness. By attending the Event you grant India FinTech Forum the right at the Event to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you.
- Event Content. India FinTech Forum, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, moderators, venue and time.
- Identification. At the time of check in, you must provide a form of photo identification.
- Attendee Badge Usage. Attendee badges must be worn at all times in Event areas.
- Visa Requirements. It is solely your responsibility to comply with any government visa requirements and failure to do so does not constitute a basis for a refund.
- Limitations on Use. By registering, you agree not to share, sell or trade your badge. If you violate this policy, India FinTech Forum may cancel your attendance and retain any payments.
- Photography, Recording, and Videotaping. You may not record audio or video of sessions at the Event. India FinTech Forum allows cameras on the show floor. You may take pictures within the show for purposes of company or annual reports, company media pieces, marketing materials, etc.
- Denial of Admission. India FinTech Forum reserves the right to deny admission to anyone for any reason.
- No Retroactive Fees Adjustments. Once you have registered, your fees will not be adjusted downward based on any sponsorship, discount or any other reason.
- Taxes. Fees may be subject sales tax, value added tax, or other taxes and duties, which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
- Attendee Fees are Nonrefundable. India FinTech Forum does not refund fees. There will be no carry over of registrations or fees to subsequent events.
- Badge Issuance. Once you have received your badge on site, it cannot be changed, substituted or reissued to a different person.
- India FinTech Forum is committed to protecting the privacy of its attendees and participants.
- All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by India FinTech Forum or the Event sponsors or speakers at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks (including without limitation “India FinTech Forum”) or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of India FinTech Forum.
- India FinTech Forum gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. India FinTech Forum does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
- Except as required by law, India FinTech Forum shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
- The maximum aggregate liability of India FinTech Forum for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to India FinTech Forum under this Agreement.
You agree not to:
- Use the website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- Upload or transmit through the website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else;
- Use the website in a manner which (i) may cause the website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the website;
- Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the website or attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component;
- Copy or distribute any part of the website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- Alter or modify any part of the website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the website for its intended use.
- Challenge our decision including the opinion of the judges as part of the shortlisting and selection of winners for the India FinTech Awards.
- Our decision in any dispute related to the awards and selection of companies shall be final.
We reserve the right to –
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
- Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
- Monitor any activity and content associated with the website.
- Cancel/reschedule the shortlisting or cancel/reschedule the presentation/ demo of any company/ individual depending on the situation.
- Deduct any applicable taxes like TDS from any cash prizes that may be awarded
- Add any applicable taxes to the price of the event tickets
We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the website; and/ or complaints relating to the website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the website).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your PC or internet access account.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RIGHT TO USE
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the website (including any logos, branding material or trademark) shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the website and the content on the website.